Our weekly round-up13 April 2017
Show and sale season is upon us and calving well underway in many herds, we’re sure it’s been a busy week for all of our members and we hope you have been enjoying some nicer weather and brighter nights.
Local shows and sales
- We know all the local clubs will be gearing up for their summer shows and we want to help! Please get in touch with Yvonne in the office if you need anything to make sure you have a successful show (leaflets, merchandise ect).
- We are trialling new software for texting all of our members. If you want to make sure you hear about local shows and sales in your area, please contact the office to make sure your details are up-to-date so you receive these handy text message reminders.
World Angus Forum
Another busy and exciting week on the countdown to the World Angus Forum.
- All farm packs for host farms have now been sent out ahead of the herd visits. We hope these were all received OK, but if you have any problems or questions please contact Hazel (email@example.com).
- Hazel will also be attending the Giggingstown House Sale, Mullingar on Saturday 15th April, if you would like to speak to her directly about joining the forum, attending the conference or booking your tickets, she will be happy to help in person.
- More details have been released about the Technical Conference taking place from Sunday 25th to Monday 26th June. Read more about it here http://aberdeen-angus.co.uk/news/world-angus-forum-2017-technical-conference-from-consumption-to-conception/
- Marks and Spencer has cemented its position as a premium partner of the event and showed great support throughout the organisation of the Forum. Read more about it here http://aberdeen-angus.co.uk/news/testimonial-world-angus-forum-2017-official-partner-m-and-s/
We had a cracking workshop to start off the 2017 Youth Development workshops! The event saw a great turnout with a fantastic 32 participants at the workshop, not to mention the great weather and hospitality. We'd like to extend a big thank you to all the trainers at Brymore Academy who gave up their time to help out.
- Hugh Watson is recognised as the first great founder of what became the Aberdeen-Angus breed, having been instrumental in selecting the highest quality black, polled animals for his herd. In the honour of Mr Watson, a memorial is set to be unveiled at Glamis Castle, a former home of the late Queen Mother’s grandfather, on Saturday 1st July 2017 as part of the World Angus Forum schedule. Read more and hear from the sculptor, Roddy Mathieson, here http://aberdeen-angus.co.uk/news/memorial-to-be-unveiled-in-honour-of-hugh-watson/
- Orders for the Herd Book Volume 141 can be ordered BEFORE the 7th May 2017 http://aberdeen-angus.co.uk/news/herd-book-volume-141-calves-born-in-2016-pre-order-form/
Other than that, it’s just a big Happy Easter from everyone at the Society! We hope you all have a lovely Easter Weekend and we hope the sun is shining.